Today I am sharing with you 7 reasons why I love being a working mom. Yes, I know, you might think I’m crazy since I just wrote about how guilty I feel about working sometimes. However, just because I feel guilty doesn’t mean I don’t love working. Okay, so here we go, here they are…
1. My Identity – After I became a mom, I felt like that automatically aged me and I was no longer “Ana”, but “Ana the mom”. So getting to wake up every morning to my regular routine is great! I am “Ana the Legal Assistant” again. It makes me feel good. Which brings me to number two.
2. I Love My Job – As simple as that. I do. I love and enjoy my job (most of the time). So happy mom is a happy wife which then turns into a happy family. That is the goal, right?
3. I Get to Dress Up – If you know me, you know I love all things girly. While I was on maternity leave I hardly ever got a chance to dress up or do my makeup. I was happy just being able to shower at 11 p.m. So having a job I get to dress up, do my hair, my makeup and be the “me” that I love.
4. Car Rides – If you’re a mom, you know what I’m talking about. A car ride by myself? 20 minutes? Whatever music I want? Loud? Yes please!! Four days a week I get a total of 40 minutes uninterrupted blasting music of my liking. Plus I get to throw a dance move here and there. Yes! #Noshame
5. Contribute to Family Expenses – Working means I earn money and I get to pitch in with expenses at home. That makes me feel good. And I get to shop and buy myself stuff I like – like ridiculously overpriced coffee 1-2 times a week. Yeah, guilty.
6. My Daughter Gets to be Social – I love that while I am at work my daughter gets to be with my mom. My parents are social butterflies and will usually have friends over visiting. I love that! Cami gets to interact with new people and gets used to seeing new faces. Some of their friends have kids so Cami also gets to have that kid interaction. Which as an only child, is a must in my book.
7. Good Example for My Daughter – Finally, I want my daughter to grow up knowing that she can be whatever she wants to be in life. That she can be independent. That it is okay to work (hard), and have kids at the same time. That’s the way that I was raised, with two working parents and I so love that. My mom taught me by example how important it is to work hard.
Those are just a few reasons I love being a working mom. This is not to take away from any SAHM. Being a stay at home is hard work and has great benefits for children as well.
So I’d like to hear from both SAHM and Working-Mamas, what you all love about either one.