Hi everyone! So, I have been a little MIA on my blog lately. Life and work have just been so busy, then something unexpected happened and it has just been a little crazy. But not to worry I will be back and posting this week! (YAY!)
I was so excited when Annie from Grownup Glamour and Brittany from Ever, ever after nominated me for The Liebster Award!! This award is a way to promote and recognize new bloggers and coming blogs for their efforts and accomplishments in becoming a blogger. Head on over and check out their blogs, if you haven’t already.
Rules for the Liebster Award
- Thank the blog that nominated you on a post in your blog.
- Answer the questions asked by the blog that nominated you.
- Nominate other new bloggers.
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify all nominees via social media.
Because I was fortunate enough to be nominated twice, I will answer their questions in one post. Here ya go!
- How did you pick your blog’s name? One of my really close friends and I did some brain storming (for hours). I knew I wanted to incorporate “blush” in it. Me being somewhat of an introvert, I tend to blush a lot! Seriously, for any reason, even if I am not embarrassed. So The Blushing Mama was the perfect fit for me.
- Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 13-year-old self? I would tell myself to not care so much about what others think. To love myself a little more and be open to new experiences.
- What’s your favorite TV show? It would probably be Dance Moms. I just love it! There’s a little bit of drama (ok, a lot of it) and then there’s dance! What more could you want? I also love Teen Mom. oh and The Bachelor.
- What are three things you cannot live without? Coffee. I’ve been into coffee since I was young and I get headaches if I don’t have my coffee. Yeah its bad. Music. I need it in my life. Some type of makeup product, I guess. Maybe mascara? I don’t know, I think I could live without it, I just would hate not having it around. AmIright?
- Who is your favorite fictional character? Probably Gloria from Modern Family. I love her! She is just herself and does not care what others think. Plus she’s hilarious!
- What is your most prized possession? I really can’t think of a “thing” so I am gonna go with family. I seriously cannot live without them. I love them so much.
- Describe yourself in three words. Honest. Introvert. Hardworking (see what I did there?)
- What is your guiltiest pleasure? The Bachelor? I don’t know, I don’t feel that guilty about it. Ha! Wine? Nope, not guilty. Idk.
- What single quality do you most appreciate in people? Honesty.
- What’s your favorite post that you’ve written? (Link, please!) The First 3 Months of Being A Mom
- What do you consider your greatest achievement? I honestly believe that being a Mom has been the greatest and hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life. So I would say that it has been my greatest achievement. Along with the job I currently have. I’ve worked really hard and I am proud of myself for having a job that I love and worked hard for.
- What goals are you currently working on? Losing weight, but I feel like that has been my life goal. lol. Even when I was thin, I wanted to lose weight. Ugh. Anywho. I want to be more consistent with my blogging as well as pushing myself to be a little more outgoing.
- What is your favorite part about blogging? I love being able to express myself. I never knew how much I enjoyed writing until I started this blog. I also love being able to connect with other women and moms and sharing all the things we go thru, some things that we normally don’t talk about, but should!
- If someone wanted to read just one of your posts, which one would you pick for them to read? The First 3 Months of Being A Mom I love this post, not only because it was my first post, but also because I tried to be as honest as possible about my experience as a first time mom. Being a mom is hard, and pretending is not hard isn’t going to make being a mama any easier.
- What is your go-to on a bad day? Wine. Kidding (kind of ;)). On a bad day I need music, and I need to workout. Mostly working out. I get an hour or two concentrate on myself and get workout whatever negative things I have going on. I am able to clear my mind and come back to the issue with a clear and positive view.
- What is one of your favorite childhood memories? I grew up in a huge family that was very close. After moving to Oregon we lost that, because all of our family was so far away. So our big family get togethers are my favorite memories.
- Do you prefer to eat out or cook? What is your favorite food to eat? I would be lying if I say cook. I’d rather eat out. Save time and the mess. But I also do enjoy cooking. But still, eat out.
- Who inspires you? My parents.
- What is your guilty pleasure? See above.
- What is one quality that you hope to pass down to your kids? Honesty/manners.
- Beach or mountains? BEACH!!
Congratulations if you made it this far (and actually read all of it) Thank you so much to all of you amazing readers and fellow bloggers for taking the time to get to know me. 🙂
Jordan from Wished for This
Alyssia from Mama Bear Daily
Lisa from Mommy Lifestyled
- Did you always want to be a mom?
- What are you afraid of?
- What is your favorite quote?
- Besides blogging, what other hobbies do you have?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What is your favorite song at the moment?
- Is there a movie that you could watch a million times? If so, which one?
- What is your go-to outfit? (come on, we all have one)
- What is a phrase or word you use on the daily?
- What made you want to start a blog?
Okay, there it is. I hope you guys enjoyed reading and learning a little more about me. I can’t wait to read Jordan, Alyssia and Lisa’s answers.